Squeezing more light exercise into your daily activities increases your energy level, burns calories and makes you feel good.
Simple Ways to Become More Physically Active
- Take stairs in your apartment building or at work to burn calories and increase muscle tone in the legs.
- Park further from your destination to stretch muscles and increase your life span.
- Drinking extra water throughout the day helps to flush toxins and increases exercise to the restroom.
- House cleaning provides a good workout.
- Cutting down TV viewing time is more than likely going to increase your exercise.
- Walk, ride a bike or take public transit that requires exercise.
- Schedule informal meetings at work outdoors for fresh air and walking.
- Use your lunch to take a short walk.
- Take up gardening that requires walking, lifting, digging and stretching.
After becoming more physically active, there is a good chance you’ll enjoy it, be happier and live longer.